A Safeware Protection Plan is a comprehensive insurance program that will cover your laptop in the event that certain physical losses occur (many of which are not covered by standard warranties) at home, in the classroom or on the road.  The plan covers against unfortunate happenings such as theft, accidental damage, liquid spills, vandalism, power surge, lightning strike, flood, fire and more!


Unlike other plans, there is no limit of occurrences. Coverage does not terminate in the event of total loss or theft. Safeware offers this policy to cover the expenses of repair or replacement of the insured computer with no deduction for depreciation. The policy will continue for the repaired unit or is transferable to your replacement unit.




 Get your instant quote now!


Zip Code:  
Type of equipment:
Primary Use of Equipment:
Coverage Term:
Amount of Coverage Requested:
Date Equipment was Purchased:
Are you 18 Years or older?

What perils will be covered?


Both the domestic and Global policy will cover you from Accidental Damage, Theft, Liquid Spills, Fire, and more. Visit our product pages for more details.

How much coverage should I get?


You want to insure your equipment at the current retail replacement value. Check the manufacturer's website to see current pricing on the exact, or closest availble make and model to what you would like to insure.

Where am I covered?


The standard policy will cover you anywhere in the United States of America (including its territories and possessions), Puerto Rico and Canada


However, the policy does offer International Coverage. Simply select "Yes" in the " Do you travel internationally section" and you will be quoted for World Wide Coverage*. The International Coverage option will protect your device anywhere in the world**.


*Countries listed on the US Department of State Official Travel Warnings site are not eligible for Global coverage. Please click here for a current listing of non-eligible countries.


** Please note that a $200 deductible is applicable on claims occuring internationally.


Where can I find a copy of the policy?


Click here for a copy of the policy terms and conditions.

How do I submit a claim?


You can submit a claim one of two ways:


1. You can submit a claim online 24/7 by clicking here.

2. You can call our Claim Center at 1-800-800-1492, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm CST.

What is a policy fee?


A policy fee to cover the direct costs of producing, fulfilling, mailing and maintaining your policy over the life of the policy. We have consulted with the proper authorities in your state and feel the amount is fair and reasonable for the services rendered. This fee is in addition to any commission we may generate for producing the policy.


*Fees are applicable in the following states: AK, CA, ID, IL, KS, MD, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WI

Berklee College of Music has endorsed Safeware, The Insurance Agency, Inc., a licensed insurance agency in all 50 states, as its preferred provider of insurance for portable electronic devices it sells. All insurance described herein, including coverage description and premium pricing, is provided by Safeware, The Insurance Agency, Inc. Berklee College of Music is not a licensed insurance agency and is not soliciting insurance nor providing insurance coverage information. If you have any questions regarding any insurance product you see within Berklee College of Music's website, including questions regarding coverage or premium pricing, please contact Safeware, The Insurance Agency, Inc. at 1-800-800-1492.

 Berklee news





Questions or problems? Click here or call us at 1-800-800-1492.

Copyright © 2017 Safeware. All rights reserved.
Privacy Statement